Today, I turn twenty years old.
(Insert obligatory WUUUUUUUUUT.)
I’ve loved being a teenager, but I feel totally ready to be almost an adult. I say almost because I’ve been thinking about this age a lot, and I’ve decided that twenty years of age is going to feel a little weird. After all, you’re no longer in your teen years, but not quite an adult yet because you haven’t actually turned “legal” yet.
All that said, I want to make my twentieth year the best one yet. I want to do things – meaningful things, things with eternal value. And what better way to do that than to make a list? (I love lists.) So here we go.
Twenty-One Before Twenty-One (in no particular order)
- Ride a roller-coaster
- Go to Disney
- Finish writing The Art of Letting Go (and immediately start editing it)
- Try to publish The Art of Letting Go… via the traditional route (aka with an agent and through a publishing house)
- Start a third novel or finish Sneakers and Hot Fudge Sundaes
- Reach ninety credits in my degree (Senior Status!)
- Do NaNo at least twice
- Go see a touring Broadway musical
- Participate in a play
- Read sixty books
- Attempt some fanfiction (Eva, you’ll have to help me on this one)
- Learn a few really hard pieces on the piano
- Practice violin more
- Look Up more
- Attempt a fanvid
- Organize a dance
- Write more film reviews
- Play in more weddings
- Read the Bible more
- Pray more
- Learn to love God more
There we go! Twenty-one things to do before I turn twenty-one. I’ll post the list again on or around my twenty-first birthday and we’ll see how much I got done!