- God, Who saved me and continues to mold me into who He wants me to be every single day
- My wonderful family, who loves me even when I make idiotic mistakes
- My sweetie-pie little brother, who never ceases to make me laugh!
- My church body, without whom I know I wouldn’t be who I am today
- My loving friends, who accept me the way I am – with all of my faults and quirks : )
- My awesome pen pal, Elinor (Love ya, girly!!)
- All of my amazing bloggy friends – you guys are awesome!
- Sir Percy… just cuz. (And, yes, I did just say that!)
- The makers of the Lord of the Rings LEGO video game who decided to keep Faramir in it. Cuz he is amazing. Nuff said.
- All of the authors whose works I read frequently – Wayne Thomas Batson, Robert Whitlow, J.R.R. Tolkien, Louisa May Alcott, and C.S. Lewis, to name a very few. You worked hard to create something worth reading and you have done it!!
- The BBC for making such wonderful productions and for providing half of the quotes that I use on a regular basis, from “Easy peesy, squeeze the lemon,” to “Sparker, be quiet!” to “No lace!” to “In vain I have struggled – my feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you!” to “Really, Emma, it is better to be without wit at all then to apply it as you do!” (And that’s only half of the half!)
- Peter Jackson for making Lord of the Rings and sticking to The Hobbit
- To the Bored Shorts TV people, who provide the other half of the quotes I use on a regular basis! (“Don’t punch……..our car.” and “I am a Snackyvore. It is liiiiike… a dinosoah that likes… snacks and treats!” are two of my bo-fuh… my bo-fa, my bo-faaaai…. Yeah.)
- Tenth Avenue North – your music makes me feel like I’m in church. And I love it. : )
- Alec and Nikki, who are two of my best friends even though they’re only in my head : )
- The old Hollywood, who made such awesome Christmas movies like Holiday Inn, Christmas in Connecticut, Miracle on 34th Street, White Christmas, and the two that share the rank of my top favorite Christmas movie of all time, The Shop Around the Corner and It’s a Wonderful Life!
- My piano and violin teachers, who inspire me to play more than they know!
- My good friend who inspired me to start writing again. That was a good six years ago and, good gracious, I haven’t gotten over it yet!
- The makers of all of the musicals I love – Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera, Little Women, and The Little Mermaid. Most of my go-to songs are from those four musicals and I love them dearly!
- Mitt Romney, for sticking to it and running for president and defying the odds. You would have been a great president!
- Milton Hershey for perfecting the modern version of chocolate – you are in my debt!
- The next-door neighbors and their adorable twins who I got to babysit all day today. Not finishing my school was completely worth it!
- The NaNo people for inspiring so many writers to actually write and finish a goal and push them!
- The makers of all of the indie films that I love – October Baby, What If…, Fireproof, and To Save a Life being some of my favorites. When you work hard to make a good movie, the story and character development make up for all of the acting slips!
- You guys, the readers of my blog. You make my day whenever you read a post or comment or follow! Thank you so much!!